Food for Health Workshop – 2019 Canadian Nutrition Society Annual Meeting
Niagara Falls, Ontario
May 2, 2019
The Food for Health Workshop is an annual pre-conference event hosted by the Canadian Nutrition Society and ILSI North America. The workshop aims to bring together representatives from across the nutrition spectrum to engage in solutions and actions that aim to improve the health of Canadians.
The 2019 Food for Health Workshop will focus on Technology at the Interface between Food and Health.
After attending this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize cutting-edge technologies used for nutrition and health promotion
- Explain technologies integrated within the food system
- Identify regional aspects of technological adaptation within the over-arching food for health system
- Interpret technology partnerships that have formed to advance understanding of food composition
- Appreciate the role of technology towards a sustainable food system
Food for Health Workshop attendees include representatives from research and academia, food and agriculture industries (including developers, producers, manufacturers and distributors), government and health care providers.