A collaborative webinar with the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
Recorded October 18, 2019
Continuing Education Hours: ILSI North America is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 1.0 Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU) for completion of this recorded webinar until November 7, 2022.
Moderator: Marie Latulippe, Senior Program Manager, ILSI North America
Premarket safety evaluation of food additives
- Njwen Anyangwe, PhD, Toxicologist, the US Food and Drug Administration
AACE summary perspective
- Brij Makkar, MD, Representing the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
What does this mean for practitioners?
- Deepa Handu, PhD, RD, Senior Scientific Director, The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
After this presentation, the viewer will be able to:
- Describe derivation of an acceptable daily intake (ADI) value and understand the underlying rationale and degree of protection conferred to consumers.
- Better understand expected risk of LCS use in various life stages, as well as interpret data on low-calorie sweetener intake in the context of the ADI value.
- Be able to provide sound information on the safety and use of low-calorie sweeteners for reduction of added sugars intake.