A collaborative webinar with the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
Recorded October 18, 2019
This webinar is valid for 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration until November 7, 2022.
Moderator: Marie Latulippe, Senior Program Manager, ILSI North America
Premarket safety evaluation of food additives
- Njwen Anyangwe, PhD, Toxicologist, the US Food and Drug Administration
AACE summary perspective
- Brij Makkar, MD, Representing the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
What does this mean for practitioners?
- Deepa Handu, PhD, RD, Senior Scientific Director, The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
After this presentation, the viewer will be able to:
- Describe derivation of an acceptable daily intake (ADI) value and understand the underlying rationale and degree of protection conferred to consumers.
- Better understand expected risk of LCS use in various life stages, as well as interpret data on low-calorie sweetener intake in the context of the ADI value.
- Be able to provide sound information on the safety and use of low-calorie sweeteners for reduction of added sugars intake.