Recorded September 25, 2020.
This webinar is valid for 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration until September 25, 2023.
Moderator: Marie Latulippe, MS, RDN, ILSI North America
The current state of knowledge on gut microbiome and diet: an overview
- Cindy Davis, PhD, National Institutes of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements
What the evidence tells us about the effect of low-calorie sweeteners on the gut microbiome
- Alexandra Lobach, PhD, Intertek
After this presentation, the viewer will be able to:
- Understand the current state of knowledge with respect to defining a “healthy gut microbiome.”
- Interpret statements about foods/ingredients and effect on the gut microbiome in light of the currently available methods, including strengths and limitations.
- Provide evidence-based recommendation about sweetener use in response to client questions about effects on the gut microbiome.