What is the FNSP?
The Food, Nutrition, and Safety Program (FNSP) provides ILSI North America members with a method to monitor, evaluate, and respond to scientific issues relating to nutritional quality or safety of specific food ingredients, food additives or the food supply in general. The FNSP is guided by a leadership team consisting of scientific advisors, government liaisons and at-large representatives of ILSI North America member companies. The Food, Nutrition, and Safety Program identifies issues in which further research can have significant impact on the health of the public. Issues identified by the FNSP lead to new projects within new or existing ILSI North America programs. The FNSP provides recommendations to the Assembly of Members and the Board of Trustees regarding possible action on specific issues, and funds limited activity.
The FNSP organizes a mid-year meeting in addition to the scientific program at the ILSI North America Annual Meeting, and administers the Future Leader Award program. The Future Leader Award Program was first established in 1965 (by the Nutrition Foundation) and offers generous grants for a two year period for young investigators conducting research in the areas of experimental nutrition, nutrition and toxicology, and nutrition and food science.
The FNSP also is involved in the Emerging Science process at ILSI North America.
New Knowledge on Allergen Thresholds
Steve Taylor, PhD, University of Nebraska - ILSI North America Annual Meeting 2017
The FNSP has been involved in the development of these events:
- 2018 Mid-Year Meeting
- 2018 Annual Meeting
- 2017 Annual Meeting
- 2017 Mid-Year Meeting
- 2016 Food, Nutrition, and Safety Program Mid-Year Meeting
- 2016 Annual Meeting
- 2015 Food, Nutrition, and Safety Program Mid-Year Meeting
- 2015 Annual Meeting
- Defining Healthy Aging: From Science to Practice, the Link to Diet and Nutrition
- 2014 Annual Meeting
- 2014 Food, Nutrition, and Safety Program Mid-Year Meeting
- "The Role and Use of Nutritional Studies in Evaluating the Safety of a Food or Ingredient" Workshop
- 2013 Annual Meeting
- 2013 Food, Nutrition, and Safety Program Mid-Year Meeting
- Current Perspectives on the Human Food Reward System, 2013 Workshop