2016 Canadian Nutrition Society Annual Conference
Winnipeg, Manitoba , Canada
May 28, 2015
The Food for Health Workshop is an ongoing collaboration between ILSI North America and the Canadian Nutrition Society.
- 9:10 AM Introduction and Background | Video
- 9:30 AM Keynote Presentation: Dennis Dimick, National Geographic Magazine – Future of Food | Video
- 10:15 AM Coffee Break
- 10:30 AM Roxi Beck, Center for Food Integrity Science Communications, Trust & Value model | Video
- 11:00 AM Jeff Sommers, Heart & Stroke Canada, Health Claims & Education – Health Check program | Video
- 11:30 AM Samara Foisy, Loblaw Brands Limited, Knowledge Translation at Retail, Loblaw’s Blue Menu and in-store Dietitians
- 12:00 PM LUNCH
- 1:00 PM Heather Keller, U of Waterloo, CNS-Canadian Malnutrition Task Force, Knowledge Translation in Hospitals | Video
- 1:30 PM Peter Jones, U Manitoba, Richardson Center and Manitoba Agri-Health Research Network –Knowledge Translation to Producers | Video
- 2:00 PM Public Private Partnerships and the National Centers for Excellence: Opportunities for Food for Health, Building Upon Knowledge Translation- Fouad Elgindy, Networks of Centres of Excellence | Video
- 2:30 PM Update from 2014 Food for Health Initiative, Building a platform for PPP
- 2:40 PM The Food Map: Repurposing Research Information and Research Data for Maximum Benefit – Wayne Johnston, University of Guelph Library | Video
- 3:00 PM Breakout Session: TBA
- 3:45 PM Report Back
- 4:25 PM Concluding Remarks
- 4:30 PM Joint Networking Session
Download the agenda here.
More information about the 2016 Canadian Nutrition Society Annual Conference can be found on the CNS website.