ASN Nutrition 2018
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
June 9, 2018 – June 12, 2018
Nutrition is the American Society for Nutrition’s inaugural flagship meeting. ILSI North America is supporting several sessions at Nutrition 2018:
Saturday, June 9th, 2018. Supported by the ILSI North America Taste and Diet Working Group.
- Lay of the Taste Land – Taste Evolution, Mechanisms, and Functions
Gary Beauchamp, PhD, Monell Chemical Senses Center
- Non-Mechanistic Determinants of the Taste Experience: How Culture, Environment, and Habit Influence Taste
John Hayes, PhD, The Pennsylvania State University
- Sensory Properties of Food and Implications for Food Choice
Chris Simons, PhD, Ohio State University
- Improving the Nutritional Profile of Products While Maintaining Taste: Industry Perspective
Jane Leland, PhD, Consultant
- Modifying Consumer Preference to Improve Dietary Choices
Debra Zellner, PhD, Montclair State University
- What Do We Know About Taste and Food Choice?
Naomi Fukagawa, PhD, USDA ARS Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center
Saturday, June 9th, 2018. Supported by the Scientific Integrity Consortium. ILSI North America is an active member of the Consortium.
- Session Chair
James House, PhD, University of Manitoba
- Best Practices in Nutrition Science to Earn and Keep the Public's Trust
Patrick Stover, PhD, Texas A&M
- Report from the Scientific Integrity Consortium: Principles & Best Practices
Catherine Woteki, PhD, Iowa State University
- Using Risk of Bias Domains to Identify Opportunities for Improvement in Food- and Nutrition-related Research: An Evaluation of Research Type and Design, Year of Publication, and Source of Funding
Esther Myers, PhD, RD, FADA, EF Myers Consulting, Inc. This talk was supported by the ILSI North America Assembly on Scientific Integrity.
Monday, June 11th, 2018. Supported by the ILSI North America Dietary Lipids Committee.
- Overview: The Need for Guidelines and the Process
J. Thomas Brenna, PhD, University of Texas at Austin
- Study Design and Interpretation
Melanie Plourde, PhD, Université de Sherbrooke
- Laboratory Analysis and Reporting
Peter Jones, PhD, University of Manitoba
Tuesday, June 12th, 2018. Supported by the ILSI North America Sodium Committee.
- Introduction and Session Overview
Moderator/Session Chair: Christine Taylor, PhD, FDA (retired)
- Relationship of Sodium and Potassium to Chronic Disease: AHRQ Systematic Review
Janet de Jesus, MS, RDn, NIH, NIDDK
- Developing Guidance for Inclusion of Chronic Disease Endpoints in DRIs: Implication for Sodium and Potassium
Marian Neuhouser, PhD, RD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Overview of FDA Sodium Reduction Guidance
Christine Taylor, PhD, FDA (retired)
- Progress in Sodium Reduction by the Food Industry
Joshua Anthony, PhD, MBA, The Campbell Soup Company