Late-Breaking Submission Deadline: March 1st, 2019
We are now accepting late-breaking abstracts for any of the topics for the ILSI North America 2019 Food Packaging Conference: Scientific Advances and Challenges in Safety Evaluation of Food Packaging Materials. Finalists will be selected to give a poster presentation. There is no limit to the number of abstracts that you may submit.
1. Analytical Testing and Migration Assessments/Modeling
- Food packaging interactions
- Migration modelling
- Targeted versus non-targeted analysis, including non-intentionally added substances (NIAS)
- Recycled materials
2. Exposure and Toxicology Assessments
- Deterministic and probabilistic exposure assessments
- Packaging factors, FACET, MATRIX Exposure
- Threshold of Toxicology Concern (TTC), Cramer decision tree, in vitro and in silico methods
3. Risk Assessment and Regulatory Science Interpretation
- Risk assessment for NIAS
Oral presentations will be made during the three major theme topic sessions and posters will be displayed during the conference. For poster presentations, at least one of the authors (preferably the first author) is expected to be in attendance during the poster session. Please do not submit an abstract if you cannot attend the conference.
All abstracts must be submitted online via the conference webpage. Late-breaking abstracts will be considered for poster presentation only, and must be submitted by March 1st, 2019. Once we have received your abstract a confirmation will be emailed to you.
- Title (maximum of 150 characters)
- The abstract body text (maximum of 2,000 characters)
- Author details (full name, title, affiliation)
The submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the ILSI North America Food Packaging Safety Committee. Authors of late-breaking abstracts will be informed of the outcome via email by the end of February. During the conference the Food Packaging Safety Committee will award three students with a travel award including complimentary registration for their research.
Dissemination of Abstracts:
Accepted abstracts and author bios will be included in the Conference Program Book and posted on the conference webpage. After the meeting, the abstracts will remain available to the public.
All oral presentations will be video recorded during the conference if allowed by the presenter. PowerPoint presentations will then be made available through the conference webpage.
Please do not submit an abstract if you are not confident that you will be able to attend the conference. If you’ve been selected to present but circumstances prevent you from attending, please ask a co-author to present and notify Angela Roberts (email@example.com) of this change as soon as possible.